Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hooked by love (Mt 4:14)


There comes a call imperative from Love
To love with a firm heart that reverberates the invitation ‘come follow me;’
The called finds it irresistible and wonders
Am I hooked forever?

A grip from which you can never break off
To breathe the air of life in the flowing water
Hooked and wounded exactly at the mouth,
I would no longer say “save me,” or “let me go”

He draws me out of the water
To a new realm of existence.
To a raised movement from a fixed habitat,
From a structured eco-system to a non-fixed eternal habitat.

He calls out once again to a firm belief – ‘I am He, the One sent by the Father’
An invitation that echoes deep with a mission and a daring promise,
“Come, I will make you fishers of men.”
Heed or not to heed is a necessitated prompt response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!